Friday, November 03, 2006

Jonathan Edwards on Ted Haggard

I try not to get caught up in the lastest media frenzies or wax eloquent on situation of which I am not directly involved but today as I was reading over Jonathan Edwards 70 Resolutions I found that Resolution #8 was a timely exhortation in light of the current scandal.

8. Resolved, to act, in all respects, both speaking and doing, as if nobody had been so vile as I, and as if I had committed the same sins, or had the same infirmities or failings as others; and that I will let the knowledge of their failings promote nothing but shame in myself, and prove only an occasion of my confessing my own sins and misery to God.

by His grace,
for His Glory

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey Jon! Hope you and your wife are doing well! I love this resolution. What an amazing man Edwards was. Thanks for sharing.