Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Top Ten Piper

Those of you who know me know that John Piper is one of my favorite preachers and authors. I cannot think of any contemporary writer and/or preacher who has been used by God to convict, encourage, and exhort me and my generation to joyfully serve Christ more than Piper. In addition my aunt came to know Christ as Lord through his ministry and she now attends the church that he pastors, Bethlehem Baptist Church, in Minneapolis.

So in light of the fact that John Piper's ministry, Desiring God, is putting all their books on sale for only $5 on June 27-28 (!), I thought I would post my top ten favorite John Piper books. Although I have read a lot of his books, I have not read all of them as the man is a prolific writer and he writes faster than I can read, so do not consider this an exhaustive or authoritative list.

1. Desiring God
2. Let the Nations be Glad!
3. Don't Waste Your Life
4. Brothers We are not Professionals
5. God is the Gospel
6. Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (ed. with Wayne Grudem)
7. When I Don't Desire God
8. The Roots of Endurance
9. A Hunger for God
10. The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God

for more suggestions on how to make the most of this sale check this out

No comments: