Friday, December 23, 2005

Thoughts from the international departure lounge





Well I got in to Tokyo last night safe and sound.

but let's start from the beginning.

Disclaimer: The next few weeks of posts arent necessarily meant to be a play by play account of my trip merely a selective sharing of thoughts, reflections, journal entries, and basically whatever I feel like sharing and/or feel could edify those who want to read.

Journal entry #1 December 20, 2005

I start tonight another journey, or rather another turn in the bend of a journey I have barely begun. With the start of this journey comes the start of another journal which forces me to ask, why do I journal when I travel? Why don't I journal every day? What makes traveling more important than my everyday routine? Does journal signify worth, as if my non-traveling life is worth less or insignificant? Or is it that only traveling affords me the time to journal and reflect, thus being one of the reasons I love to travel and wander so much? Is there any way or benefit to forcing myself to reflect and journal whilst (great word huh?) in the midst of the routine?

hmmm....

Sayonara

jrf

No comments: