Wednesday, August 23, 2006

books

Apparently I have been "tagged" by my brother over at A Call to Die to answer ten book related questions. To keep things interesting I am going to try not to answer with THE BIBLE for every question, as it has an unfair advantage with the whole divinely inspired thing, although in truth it would be my first answer for the first five questions.

1. One book that changed your life: (other than Bible) Les Miserables by Victor Hugo or Desiring God by John Piper
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Ecclesiastical History by Eusibius
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: I just gotta go with the B-I-B-L-E for this one.
4. One book that made you laugh: Radical Reformission by Mark Driscoll
5. One book that made you cry: I cry all the time when I read, really I do. Even when reading seminary textbooks, kind of pathetic. But I guess most recently I would have to say Tales of the South Pacific by James Michener or The Reformed Pastor by
6. One book that you wish had been written: My Life with Christ by some humble, unknown, illiterate, peasant, Christian marytr in any period of church history or Everything You Want to Know but Don't Need to Know by God
7. One book that you wish had never been written: Probably either the Quran or the Book of Mormon, but having them in print makes it so much easier to point out their absurdities and inconsitancies so I'm going to have to go with Pride and Predjudice. Jane Austen and I don't get along well, although it's been a while since I've read her so maybe I should give her another chance one of these days.
8. One book you’re currently reading: see sidebar, also currently doing my devotionals in Song of Solomon -it rocks!
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: The life of David Brainard by Jonathon Edwards
10. Tag five others (I'm only tagging one): Matt Hendley

by His Grace,
for His glory,
jrf

No comments: